25 March, 2009

The new and the old

"I was reminded of how uncomfortable the new can make you feel" Lucy pg. 4. I think this is so true. The biggest situation I can remember is going into college. I was so excited to leave high school, to make new friends, to be in the marching band, but I hadn't really given much thought to the idea of being uncomfortable. Then the day came that I was fully immersed into college life. It was the first day of band camp and I knew NO ONE.

Going into band I was incredibly insured that I would be able to start over fresh. I could become anyone or anything that I wanted to be. I was no longer going to have to play up the role that I had become from elementary school to high school. I could be the "cool" kid now...Then I walked into the band building and I was petrified. I knew NO ONE and it was no longer a nice thing. The new was horrifying and I just wanted to go back to high school band where I knew everyone and they knew me. It was then that I, like Lucy, was reminded of how uncomfortable the new can make you feel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment